Unif Management’s staff is available Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Weekends and evenings are reserved for true emergencies that threaten life or property.
Please note that non-emergency maintenance issues are prioritized. We aim to at least review your issue within a day or two. However parts may need to be ordered or an outside vendor may need to be called which might take longer to complete the work order. We understand maintenance issues are an inconvenience and we aim to respond and repair them soon as we can.
How do I submit a maintenance request?
We ask that all non-emergency requests are sent via your tenant portal account.
Please note: Tenants will be financially responsible for repairs that have deemed to be caused by tenant behavior or negligence, for example, clogged drains or toilets. Tenants are responsible for replacement of light bulbs, smoke detector batteries, refrigerator water filters, and furnace filters. The minimum charge for our vendor services during normal business hours is $75 not including the cost of parts and materials.
Who can submit a maintenance request?
We can only receive and respond to master tenant’s (those listed on the lease) requests for maintenance.
What situations are considered an emergency?
For fire or police emergencies call 9-1-1!
Emergency maintenance requests should be called in during business hours to our main office. After hours (evenings and weekends) please call the answering service number at (415) 753-4743.
The following is a list of what is classified as an after-hours emergency requiring immediate attention:
- No heat
- Water leak causing damage
- Total loss of electricity to the entire unit (not caused by PG&E work)
- Gas leaks (not caused by PG&E work)
- Entrance or main door won’t open or shut
- Any situation endangering the health or safety of you or other residents
- You will be charged for unnecessary after-hours calls!
Are appliance repairs, specifically refrigerators, handled differently than other maintenance repairs?
Unfortunately, refrigerators do occasionally malfunction. If this happens to you, please:
- Check to make sure the unit has power (the light should come on).
- Keep the door closed on the refrigerator and freezer. They are well-insulated and will keep your food cold for several hours with the door closed.
- During normal business hours, please submit a written maintenance request.
- If the refrigerator is not cold and all the frozen contents are thawing, you must store your contents somewhere until we can resolve the issue.
We use an outside vendor for appliance repairs, and they might not be able to respond within 24 hours. They will come as quickly as their schedule allows. Please take action to protect yourself from losses. We apologize for any inconvenience and will respond as quickly as we can to remedy the situation.
What happens if I lose my key or get locked out?
If you are locked out of your unit during office hours, our maintenance vendor may be able to assist you at a cost of $75 or you can hire your own locksmith. Please note that the vendor needs to prioritize their work and may not immediately be available to assist with a lock-out. If you are locked out on an evening or weekend, you will need to hire a locksmith if there are no other keys available to give you access. If the lock is damaged by a locksmith or outside service, you will be responsible for the cost of the installation of a lock compliant with our master key system.